POSTED BY: Gina Louise

This weekend, one of my friends presented me with a challenge. I'm supposed to create nine goals I want to accomplish in 2009. I've been working on a draft of them for a couple of days, and I thought I'd share what I have so far with you all. Oh yeah, and now I'm challenging you to come up with a list of nine goals for 2009 for yourself.

Here's what I have so far:

1. Go back on the Dysglycemia Diet. Because I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, my body doesn't process sugars and starches the way a normal person's body does. In a normal person, sugars and starches are turned to energy. In my broken body, sugars and starches are turned to fat instead. This starts a vicious cycle of decreased energy, weight gain, depression, and yes, infertility. Some experts think that the Dysglycemia Diet (which was designed for diabetics) is perfect for people with PCOS. I followed this diet for about a year and lost weight, felt great, and got pregnant. I'm ready to try it again.

2. Create a time capsule to be opened in ten years. I know it sounds kind of silly, but I think it could be really cool for my 41-year-old self to see and remember who my 31-year-old self was. Some of the things I plan to include are a list of my favorite things, a current magazine, a confession, a forecast, a story, a code of beliefs, a photo of myself, and a letter to the future me.

3. Finish the baby quilt I've been working on (ever so slowly). Photobucket

4. Start Letterboxing as a hobby. Letterboxing is a 150 year-old pastime originating in England that combines artistic ability with "treasure-hunts" in parks, forests, and cities. This hobby recently made its way to America about ten years ago. Participants seek out hidden letterboxes by cracking codes and following clues. It's kind of like a treasure hunt. The prize is a miniature piece of art known as a rubber stamp—usually a unique, hand-carved creation. Upon finding the "treasure" the hunter then leaves evidence of her art and collects the art of the treasure burier. You can click on this link to find out more about it.

That's it for now... I'm still working on my list.

What goals do you have for 2009?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Serenity Blogger Template